Did you go go?
Imagine a web search service of googol proportions that:
- doesn't track you
- is built completely on open-source code
- offers both a public GUI and a API, both equally open, allowing you to query in your favorite language and read/write in your favorite format
- through the GUI and API provides a way to query both in natural language and in structured query languages
- has a ranking model that encourages a good ratio between content and markup (less markup/script is better)
- is community-driven, enabling the public to:
- add to the public index
- create personal indexes
- create queries that join between all indexes
- curate indexes
- add to the code that runs their favorite search service
- encourages good nettiquette (e.g. small page size)
This is such a service.